Re: [NOVICE] Subject: Re: [GENERAL] A book for PgSQL? A need? yes? no?

От lynch@cognitivearts.com (Richard Lynch)
Тема Re: [NOVICE] Subject: Re: [GENERAL] A book for PgSQL? A need? yes? no?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
At 4:08 PM 2/11/99, Stephan Doliov wrote:
>> Since we are tossing ideas around, here is my two cents.
>> .1c In order not to worry about royalties we can donate proceeds to
>> PostgreSQL.
>Amen/Bravo!  This would truly be in the spirit of PostgreSQL

Missing Chapter:
Porting Data and Structures from other databases

>Regarding the books contents.  I think
>I. Section 1 - Intro
>1. Brief Overview History
>2. Getting and Installing
>3. Setting up a Database
>4. Maintaining a Database
>II. Section II - Making it work
>1. Postgres' type system
>2. Triggers & Functions
>3. Embedded Scripting Languages
>   a) pl/pgsql
>   etc.
>4. External access to postgres
>   a) libpq
>   b) libpq++
>   c) odbc
>   etc.
>5. Interfacing PostgreSQL to the Web
>   a) perl
>   b) php3
>   c) pygreSQL
>   others
>III. Reference and Tekkie Stuff
>1. The built-in functions
>2. Query Optimization
>3. Postmaster tuning & performance issues
>IV. New Features
>This would be a section where people could insert information related to
>the latest release.  Much like law reports have addenda inserts at the
>back.
>
>my $0.02
>
>steve doliov

-- "TANSTAAFL" Rich lynch@cognitivearts.com   webmaster@  and www. all of:
R&B/jazz/blues/rock - jademaze.com      music industry org - chatmusic.com
acoustic/funk/world-beat - astrakelly.com   sculptures - olivierledoux.com
my own nascent company - l-i-e.com   cool coffeehouse - uncommonground.com